Some ways in which we promote a moral education include:
- Developing a moral code through Peartree Values. This underpins our Behaviour for Learning policy and is reinforced through displays and assemblies;
- Preventing discrimination – ‘Living in the Wider World’ (PSHE) and vigilance on address/recording incidents;
- Curriculum opportunities to explore moral concepts/values;
- Open and safe learning environment – pupils are encouraged to express their views/practise moral decision making;
- Encouraging respect for property and care for the environment;
- Reparative consequences to instil right and wrong;
- Understand viewpoints of others e.g. texts with moral dilemmas.