Welcome to Beech and Sycamore class page.
On this page you will find information about your child's day and what we will been learning.
PE is on a Monday afternoon with Miss Watson. We would ask that the PE kit is in school everyday as it may be needed at other times. PE kits will be sent home at the end of each half term to be washed.
This half term our topic is construction.
Some of the activities are
- learning the story of the Three little pigs
- planning and designing traps to catch the wolf
- sending messages to warn the pigs
- large scale construction
- using fixing and joining methods
- forest school ( building dens, large and small)
- castles, knights, princess and dragons
- ordering numbers to 20
- capacity (full, empty, half full)
- length (measuring)
- number writing
- build it, draw it, pencil it
- learning set 2/3 phonics sounds
- learning a range of red words (you can't use your phonics to sound them out)
- drawing sentences
- beginning to use narrative language in writing (once upon a time, a long time ago etc)
- writing sentences using phonics skills