Welcome to Peartree Primary School
Peartree Primary School is friendly and inclusive, where we all work hard and learn together. We like to think of our school as a well kept secret. Our one form entry school, has a family feel, with lots going on. We have great children who are keen to learn, an excellent team of staff who go the extra mile and a supportive, active governing body.
Our vision, aims and values ensure that the children are at the heart of everything we do. Peartree Primary School is a supportive, nurturing and inclusive school, which challenges children to become independent, motivated, confident individuals. Through our core curriculum and a wide range of enrichment activities, we are able to provide our children with a well-rounded learning experience, which is exciting and fun.
This website aims to give you a taster of Peartree Primary School as well as providing regularly updated information for parents/carers and pupils. I hope that you enjoy your visit to our website, and that you find any information you need.
Please feel free to contact the staff in Peartree Primary School office directly with any other queries. You may want to visit in person to see our fantastic facilities.
Ten things you may not know about Peartree Primary School:
- We have an extensive area for our youngest children. Our reception class spans two classroom areas, an outdoor area and safe access to a woodland area. This enables us to offer very impressive provision.
- In November '17, we were recognised as a 'Centre of Excellence' for Inclusion. Everyone is welcome and we do our very best for each and every child. We have small classes, most under 25 pupils.
- We are a 'Talk for Writing' school. We all learn stories to tell and re-write with our own twists. This helps us to become confident, creative writers.
- Our approach to teaching phonics and spelling is informed by 'Read Write Inc.' . Key practitioners are trained and deliver daily lessons to ensure our pupils have a strong foundation in basic skills.
- We teach maths through a mastery curriculum. We have lots of hands on resources, and encourage children to 'Build it! Draw it! Pencil it!'. Children are grouped for daily fluency lessons to reinforce key skills.
- We have lots of technology at our fingertips including classroom computers and interactive TVs. We also have a class set of laptops and i-pads.
- We have a Key Stage 2 nurture room and additional Key Stage 1 provision called 'The Meadow', in which we offer specialist provision for up to 16 children. The room is beautifully decorated and offers a 'safe haven'.
- We have an extensive outdoor area, including several playgrounds, a pond, a wood for Forest School, outdoor play equipment and a school field. Our youngest children visit our wooded area every week and children in KS2 go to Panshanger Park for Forest and River School.
- We have developed a creative curriculum using Cornerstones materials. Each topic spans half a term, and it often includes a WOW day and an off-site visit.
- We also run a very successful breakfast club called 'Early Birds', and an after-school club called 'Night Owls'. These are run by school staff and offer excellent provision at very competitive prices.
Thank you for visiting!