We follow the Hertfordshire Scheme of Work for Primary Religious Education (RE), which has been developed to accompany the Hertfordshire Agreed Syllabus for Religious Education.
Some ways in which we promote a spiritual education include:
- Exploring Religious beliefs though R.E. lessons and special events e.g. Light Festival, visiting place of worship;
- Observing silence for Remembrance Day;
- Weekly assemblies highlighting special days of religious (and cultural) significance;
- Developing imagination and creativity;
- Reflection as part of learning and feedback. Enabling pupils to make connections in their learning;
- Encouraging pupils to ask questions as part of a topic-based approach to learning;
- Exploration of human feelings/emotions e.g. evacuees;
- ‘Health & Wellbeing’ strand of PSHE;
- Valuing/respecting difference e.g. ‘Only one me’ river.